One night you decide to go out with your buddies. You embark on an adventure, trying to figure out which bar has the best deals. The night passes, but the fun does not seize one bit. You appear to have exceeded your drinking your capacity and decide it is time to go home. You barely make it to your car, through stumbling and mumbling. As you are taking a seat, you try to recall how was it that you got there in the first place. You turned on the car and made it an astonishing 50 blocks with perfect driving skills (so you think). Suddenly continuous flashing of red and blue lights fill up your car and hear a knock on your window. You are being pulled over, ad either facing DUI or DWI charges. As a citizen, you must know what you are getting into, and how the process is going to be handled. For more information on the subject, and help from professionals visit http://angelsbailbonds.com/newportbeachbailbonds/.
Here is a guide describing a DUI
- DUI´s may vary from state to state (name-wise) as the terms can often be interchanged, being the fact that they are seen as the same offense and are treated equally. However, in those states where they are regarded as separate cases, a DUI stands a the lesser offense of the two, given the blood alcohol level at the time of the arrest.
- Driving under the influence is also a charge applied to those under the legal age of drinking (21). This usually comes with zero tolerance laws as it is not a legal age for these offenders to even begin drinking.
- A know law throughout the U.S, and agreed upon all states, is the minimum BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) of 0.08%. Any more above that and you are considered in a state not able to drive.
- Usually, DUI´s are formed by two parts to the offense, known as; The Operation Requirement and Under the Influence
- The operation requirements need to involve a vehicle and the evidence that you were behind the wheel. Now, this part varies immensely state to state. While others require for the vehicle to be in movement, in others you can be simply inside with keys in your pocket. In others, the offense needs the accused to drive down a public road, while in some states, you can be charged with only driving on your property. In simple words, a vehicle and a person are needed for the offense to occur.
- Under the influence requires the detainee to have drunk intoxicating substances, and have a percentage higher than the amount allowed. The levels which are usually 0.02% for young drivers, and 0.08% for those legal to drink. As the operation requirement may vary, the same applies to the under the influence state. While in California the crime happens when the driver does not drive with the same care as a sober person would, in Colorado it occurs when the driver is impaired in the slightest degree.
Drinking and driving are reasons enough for thousands of accidents to take place. Please exercise your safety measures and know the limits for your nights out with friends. If you find yourself with any more doubts, refer to this video for more information on the subject.